Sire Elrick

Politics. Rants. Rhetoric. Watch for mudslinging.

Thursday, July 05, 2007

Travel log - June 28th, Dublin

Landed late, got a Dublin pass good for tomrrow, things to do in the city discount. Tired and hungry on a drizzly gray day. My stomach still doing sommersalts after plane has long since landed. Got bus to city centre - don't know where Aungier St. is, walk a ways until I finally come across it. Stephen, guy at desk, very nice, good info. I got my "cage". I nap a little and have two cereal bars to eat. I've already finished Dorian Gray on the flight, working on "Through the looking Glass" by end of day, start Tokien essay. (What a long, tiring, eye-crossing flight.) Take a walk to find water and locate streets. Got water, found way back to hostel. Play internet tag for a while, finish Alice. Talk to some of other residents. Go back to room, thinking I'll eat and make pub crawl. Meet Ian and talk with him before John and Frankie (who I met briefly downstairs) All of us have various great discussions - from Feminism and literature, Bush and the Neo-cons to places to try and get to while in the city. We all then decide to go to O'Neils near by, John leads the way. We try outside, but still drizzly. By second drink I'm with all three on balcony with great local singers! We're all lovely and buzzed, wonderful craic. We get home after the second bar, and I find Ian has a great philosophy on Asian cooking - whatever you have, goes into the recipe. The machine downstairs is out of water, so I get a diet coke. I still like the large windows and the old architecture in the dark and rain, each corner of the cages, the pool table, the phones, and then the next room with the benches, the internet cafe and the tables for breakfast fill the huge space.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home